This information specialist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Information Specialist Job Responsibilities:
Provides clients with information by designing methods to collect and retrieve data.
Information Specialist Job Duties:
- Identifies client requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Collects data by identifying sources of information; designing survey and collection methods.
- Organizes information by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying data.
- Resolves retrieval problems by altering design to meet requirements.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting system changes and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Establishes and revises database by conferring with analysts and programmers to code and retrieve data.
- Maintains database by entering data.
Information Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
Technical Understanding, Process Improvement, Data Processing, Reporting Research Results, Networking Knowledge, Presenting Technical Information, Written Communication, Operating Systems, Reporting Skills, Client Relationships, Documentation Skills